Join The Ship Shape Team
Freelance Customer Service Representative/PA
Ship Shape Stove Services is a family run business that has been successfully servicing stoves for the boating community on the canals and rivers around London for over 4 years. On the majority of boats, multi-fuel stoves are the primary source of heat, Ship Shape Stove Services provides an essential stove care service where it was not previously available in this way. Des is a trained HETAS service and maintenance engineer and is looking to grow the team to cater for the increase in demand in this ever-growing community. HETAS is the national organisation working for consumer safety and the wider public interest in safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible use of solid fuels stoves. Our focus is to offer a quality service, be available for our clients to ask questions, understand the needs and requirements of boaters, be punctual, clear with our pricing, most of all to be as honest and as helpful as possible to everybody who approaches us for help or advice.
The main part of the role is the customer service piece. During our busy season we will have somewhere in the region of 500-600 clients to manage and schedule, we do have our Job Management System to assist with this but a good understanding of computers is essential and you must be is capable of multi-tasking, working independently, fully taking ownership of this task and have exceptional organisation skills. Alongside this, if time permits, you will be called upon to assist with ordering stock, social media coms and general admin support. As a small business looking to grow, one of the main attributes would be the flexibility to bring ideas, help out on other projects and to embrace the fact that whatever you bring will have a huge impact on our growth.
• How comfortable are you with technology? You will be transferring data from emails to our Job Management System so you will need to have a good understanding and confidence working with computers.
• You must have your own laptop that is in good working order.
• Whilst Covid is still around you will be working mainly from home but will be required to work from the office in Harlow to accept deliveries. Might be an element of heavy lifting involved but nothing too drastic as the drivers are generally very helpful.
• You MUST be experienced with Microsoft Office, G-Mail, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You-Tube.
• Full training on systems and processes will be provided but we do expect that those systems and processes to be changed/improved as ownership is taken.
Rate of Pay
• The starting rate is £11 per hour, this rate of pay will be reviewed after a 6-month period.
• This is a self-employed position with a start date asap (can be flexible for the right person).
• 15 hours per week is required initially but we do expect this role to become full time as the business grows. The initial hours will be broken up into 3 – 4 hour sessions this CANNOT be done all in one day. Hours will usually be between 11am - 3pm.